The Bridge FM Young Achiever Awards are back for 2017, proudly sponsored by Bridgend College – The only College in South Wales graded ‘Double Excellent’ by Estyn.
This year’s awards ceremony will be held at The Heronston Hotel & Spa on Friday 24th November and will recognise and reward special young people in our community that truly make a difference through business, training, education, sport, the arts or voluntary work.
We all know someone who has done something special that deserves recognition. The Bridge FM Young Achiever Awards allows us to shine a light on inspirational young people in a range of categories.
The categories are as follows:
Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, sponsored by Graham Paul Accountants
- Do you know a young person that has excelled themselves academically; make sure you nominate them today and reward them for their hard work!
Outstanding Academic Progress Award, sponsored by Apollo Teaching Services
- Do you know somebody who has overcome education difficulties or made outstanding development throughout college or school? Let’s recognise them.
Young Volunteer Award, sponsored by Synergy Achievements, High Quality Training
- Do you know someone who helps their community in remarkable ways or goes that extra mile in their volunteering? This is your chance to give them the recognition they truly deserve.
Young Community Group Award, sponsored by ACD Recycling
- This award recognises a young group that has contributed greatly to the local community. Maybe they are always helping others locally and expect nothing in return? Lets return the favour now and award them for the amazing work they do.
Young Carer Award, sponsored by G4S Parc Supporting Families at HMP & YOI Parc
- Do you know an unpaid, unsung carer who is kind, compassionate and selflessly looks after a loved one? Perhaps they care for you. Nominate and reward them for all they do.
Young Apprentice Award, sponsored by Nemein
- This award will recognise the valuable contribution apprentices make to the company. Whether they have had a positive impact on the company or have gone against all odds to achieve their objectives, we want to hear about them.
Young Entrepreneur Award, sponsored by Little Black Sheep Pottery
- Do you know an entrepreneur who has demonstrated hard work and persistence to gain exceptional achievements for their age? Let’s recognise them.
Young Sports Person Award, sponsored by Inscapes
- Nominate a local sports star, club or team who has achieved something significant in the world of sport whether at local or national level.
Outstanding Bravery Award, sponsored by Seasons Christmas Outlet
- This award applies to a young person that has demonstrated outstanding bravery in all aspects; nominate them today and give them the recognition they deserve.
Child of Courage Award, sponsored by McDonalds
- This award applies to children under the age of 16 who have demonstrated exceptional courage. They may have battled against all odds to overcome challenges. Let’s recognise them in front of family and friends.
Performing Arts and Music Award, sponsored by Youth Cymru
- This award aims to recognise an individual who has shown remarkable commitment and contribution to the Performing Arts. Whether its success on the stage or behind the scenes, lets recognise someone who really makes sure that the show must go on!
Young Fundraiser Award, sponsored by Frankie’s Desserts
- This award pays tribute to a special person or a group whose efforts to raise money for charity and good causes has really make a difference.
Voting ends 11:59pm on 12/11/17.
The Bridge FM Young Achiever Awards 2017, celebrating young people across Bridgend with Bridgend College, “The only FE College in South Wales to be graded ‘Double Excellent’ by Estyn”